Do you think the Google console Stadia will be a success?



Both yes and no. I believe it will be successful. I do not think Alphabet will make enough long-term profits to keep it going. Even a 1% increase in Alphabet revenue will require a large sum of money. If a Stadia increased Alphabet Inc.'s profit by even 1%, it would mean a lot more money and very little spending. I just do not see it working in the long run.

I am also skeptical of the strategy of doing all of the renderings on the server. It is a nice idea, but it will necessitate the resolution of some extremely difficult technical issues. If anyone can do it, Google can, but I doubt they will find it worthwhile to support in the long run.

It also feels a little counter-trend; as devices become more powerful, building the rendering on the server-side appears to be less important than it was previously. They appear to be aiming for the less affluent gamer. Maybe there is a largely underserved market there, but I am not convinced.

They might have some ideas about how to use their game network to push ads to a new level, or how to use their search engine to... or how to make it a key backbone to Android OS(?) who knows. They might notice a connection I am overlooking. But I do not see it making enough money without a significant synergy with another Google product. I believe it will die within a few years if that long.

Comments